My Den

Welcome to my Blog!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Let me be "Me"

Whenever I used to meet someone too studious (or geek as they are termed), I used to pity at them for having literally zero life beyond books, no friends, no parties, no music...nothing. I used to think how better off I am from people like these as, though I may not be a genius in studies but I do manage to involve myself in other aspects of life. But after some introspection lately I realised how wrong I was to make such conclusion. How am I to say that the lives of such studious people is BORING? Perhaps to an extent it may be for me but how can I even think that these people don’t enjoy their lives immersed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths…Their cup of tea might not act as a stimulant for me but I have no reason to believe that it doesn’t for them.

I might enjoy being with my friends, chatting with them, reading novels et al and so does this so called other breed enjoys their interests! Its their life and they have every right to do whatever they wish to in life. Perhaps for them, I might be a not so enthu about studies and because of that a boring kind of a girl.

I had taken up French in 9th class. I was nervous of my performance in 10th Board Exams in French so I joined Alliance Francaise. I must say that studying there gave me a complete new dimension for French. In every break I used to go to the library and listen to French Radio and get lots of French books. I used to spend days studying the French comic books (tintin) and make lots of extensive notes and I enjoyed the whole experience like hell! My other friends there didn’t think the same and I believe that they termed me as geek! But I never cared because I was just pursuing my interest, my passion and not committing any crime! So I let them do their part of gossiping and kept myself invloved in doing what I wanted to.

Now when I compare my experience of being geek to people around me today I realise how wrong I had been. These people work hard, put in all their blood in the preparation of various entrance exams and get amazing ranks. I used to think it's because of some in-built talent that they are able to do so but now I feel its more because of the hard work and so much perspiration they had put in since years for achieving their goal.

I guess we should allow people to be what they are and not make conclusions without knowing anything about the person.

Amen!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well one thing which i have learned from all my friends over the last few years is that there is something in me which makes me special or atleast i am worthful in a way i can make someone else feel special. so i have decided one thing that i will leave aside what others are capaable of or not but i will concentrate on what i am able to do and that is more imp. and for you dont ever let this feeling hurt you that somebody is better in some way than you as you are one of the nicest person i have met in my short life and you wil certainly do something which will make you feel good as that is the only thing that matters.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Monami said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Monami said...

Thanks mohit for all the encouragement..:)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, ur not boring. i found you the most intresting person ive ever met.actually its the broadness of ur thinking that makes you so intresting to talk to.all my friends(if u can call them that)hold strong prejudices about me.they cant think beyond a certain point and judge me accordingly.thats why im such a recluse.i have my world in my books that is not just science but anything which is worth knowing.and that world is damm intresting.thank you for understanding. by the way i read all tour blogs and they were pretty nice to read.keep blogging. who knows we might see your name for the blooker!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Monami said...

thanks to u sumeet for making me realise that!Dont u think BOOKER is tooooooooo far??

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home